Cabildo de Tenerife

Información para

Receiving unemployment benefit upon returning to your native country

This initiative enables non-European workers who return to their countries of origin to receive advance payments of accumulated unemployment benefits.

General conditions

  • Be a national of a country that has a bilateral agreement with Spain in matters of social security and be a legal resident of Spain.
  • Be unemployed and registered as a job seeker with the Public Employment Services in the corresponding autonomous region.
  • Be legally unemployed as a result of a termination of a work contract.
  • Be entitled to contributory unemployment benefits and not be in part time work.
  • Be prepared to return to your country of origin and not return to Spain for a period of three years for the purpose of residence or work as an employee or self-employed person.
  • Not be prohibited from leaving Spain under any provision set forth in immigration law.

How and where

You may personally lodge the corresponding application form with the Employment Office where you reside. Forms can be collected from these offices.

For further information

Print this pagePrint

FaLang translation system by Faboba